Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Day 2 - Trader Joe's Bavarian Style Hefeweizen


Hefeweizen Stvle. Not Hefeweisen - at least they made the distinction. Apparently "craft brewed" too. Nice label as well.

A decent light wheat beer with a mild subtle taste. Pours cloudy (like it should) , slight banana and clove aroma (like the label says), and just a tad sharp. No nasty aftertaste, and no change in taste as you move towards the end of this brew. TJ's tends not to do stuff badly; thankfully this holds true for this beer. I like it!!

I've had better wheat beers, but I have also had many worst. At $5.49 for a six-pack, you can hardly go wrong.

The Facts:
Name: Trader Joe's Bavarian Style Hefeweizen
Origin: San Hose, CA
Strength: 5.3% ABV
Container: 355ml Brown Bottle
Bought at: Trader Joe's
D Rating: 78 (out of a possible 100)

1 comment:

Food Fanatic said...

Beer Blog! This is great! I was hoping to see a wheat beer. I'll have to pick up some of these. This is great, thanks.